Open Auditions! for ALL THE KING'S WOMEN
Auditions consists of cold reading from the script provided.
Gold Camp Players Community Theatre
This funny play consists of a fast-paced series of 5 comedic plays and 3 monologues based on the life of Elvis Presley.
Thursday, Sept. 14 at 5:30 pm until 7:00 pm
Sunday, Sept. 17 at 1:00 pm until 3:00 pm
LOCATION: Smart Center Conference Room in the back entrance of the Homestake Opera House, 308 Julius Street, Lead, SD
PRODUCTION DATES: Nov. 10-13 and 17-19, 2017
Dave Scherer is directing. For more info or to schedule an alternative time for your audition, please contact the HHOH at 605-584-2067 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT THE PLAY:
The story of Elvis Presley told through the eyes of 17 WOMEN.
Some enthralled. Some appalled. All obsessed. From Tupelo, Mississippi where 11-year-old Elvis wanted a BB gun instead of a guitar, to The Steve Allen Show, from President Richard Nixon's office, to Andy Warhol's studio, from Cadillac salesmen, to Graceland guards, this is a touching, bring-the-family comedy with a heart that captures the effects that fame, generosity, & just being a nice guy can bring to others!
The stories told in this sweeping work include:
- A salesperson's experience when Elvis and his Mother come in to buy Elvis' 11th birthday gift, his 1st guitar.
- The final check, demands, and argument at the Steve Allen show by a NBC censor, Steve Allen's secretary, and Elvis' messenger about hound dogs and pelvic movement.
- A women who runs into Elvis in a supermarket at 3 am and how it changes her life.
- 3 secretaries at the White House gushing out of their minds over a new visitor at the gate who comes to visit Pres Richard Nixon.
- Andy Warhol's assistants planning the angle of the invite to Andy's new Pop Art Elvis exhibition.
- 2 Saleswomen dueling over who will or will not sell Elvis the next Cadillac.
- A security guard inside Graceland divulging on the kindness and charity of Elvis Presley.
- A young woman, who has quit the Graceland souvenir shop, and her obsessed boyfriend contemplating souvenirs, Elvis, and life.
Transitions between scenes are anchored by recorded radio addresses that reinforce the appropriate historical flavor accompanying the life, times, and legacy of Elvis Presley beyond just his music.
RADIO ANNOUNCER(S) - can be distributed among 1-8 actors
SALESWOMAN - a saleswoman in a music store in 1946 Tupelo, Mississippi
ABBY - Steve Allen's secretary, of the Steve Allen Show on NBC, 1956
BARBARA - a TV censor for NBC, 1956
CYNTHIA - Elvis's messenger, 1956
EVE - a woman who runs into Elvis in a Memphis supermarket, 1967
ALICE - a White House secretary, 1970
BETH - a White House secretary, 1970
CATHY - a White House secretary, 1970
ALLIE - one of Warhol's assistants, 1963
BONNY - one of Warhol's assistants, 1963
CINDY - one of Warhol's assistants, 1963
LORA - a Cadillac saleswoman, 1976
MONA - a Cadillac saleswoman, 1976
PAULA/PAUL - manager of a Cadillac dealership, 1976, can be male or female
GUARD - a guard at Graceland, 1977, can be male or female
EDDIE - Leslie's boyfriend and Elvis superfan, the present
LESLIE - former employee of the Graceland gift shop, the presen