- Portion size: Learn what a true portion size is. A typical piece of meat can be up to three times the recommended serving size.
- Moderation: If you are craving sugar, try something like key-lime-flavored yogurt with almonds. It tastes like key lime pie and helps satisfy the craving.
- Stick through the plateaus: Adjust your diet or exercise plans to re-energize your system.
- Get a support system: A good support system will help overcome the obstacles and plateaus.
- Exercise: You don’t need a gym membership; walk around the neighborhood for 30 minutes.
Erin Smith’s weight loss tips:
Copyright 2015 Rapid City Journal. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.