This spring, put on a bohemian maxi dress, embrace the animal in you and forget about the flats: It’s time for sparkly high-heeled sandals.
Neutrals will still keep you cool in white or blush tones, and the cardigan is still a must-have layering piece. But expect to have some fun with the fashions in Rapid City stores this spring and summer. Here are some trends:
- Tribal prints are a big influence on summer fashions and accessories, according to Jessica Becker, sales manager at Herberger’s. You’ll find animal-printed corsets, jewelry, T-shirts and purses. And although the cardigan may seem tame by comparison, look for cutout details and short sleeves.
- Tops that are floral and flowing look just right layered under that cardigan, according to Marissa Duprel, manager of Vanity. Love lace? A top embellished with delicate lace appliqué adds a unique update on how to wear it. Keep it simple by pairing with a dark wash denim. Try a “cold-shoulder” top for a transitional piece.
- You’ll find maxi dresses in tribal prints, vibrant florals and jewel tones, along with a choice of flutter sleeve, strapless, racer back, tube and halter styles, according to Charlotte Russe manager Tammy Boeve.
- For shoes, go to strappy faux cork wedges in colorful snakeskin prints and glossy finishes or an elegant but edgy style with faux leather pumps with a peep toe and ankle strap, said Boeve.
- As for accessories, feel free to pile on the textures and colors to create your own look, according to Duprel. Do it with leaf and feather fashion earrings, or stack on bangle bracelets and a chunky rhinestone ring.
- Try a clutch purse in a metallic finish or a burnout tee with glittery peacock feathers in front, according to Boeve. It will be easy to make your summer sparkle.