Boy dies from smoke inhalation in Mitchell house fire

2012-04-23T07:58:00Z Boy dies from smoke inhalation in Mitchell house fireThe Associated Press The Associated Press
April 23, 2012 7:58 am  • 

MITCHELL -— Officials say a 3-year-old boy has died from smoke inhalation after a house fire in Mitchell.

KELO-TV reports (http://bit.ly/I3Xjb8) that Jaxon Sehnert died Saturday. Officials say the boy and his 6-year-old brother were airlifted to Sioux Falls hospitals after suffering smoke inhalation in the Friday night fire. The boys' mother also was hospitalized but has been released.

Officials say the house was engulfed in smoke when firefighters arrived on the scene. Crews used thermal imaging cameras to rescue the children.

Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

No Comments Posted.

Add Comment
You must Login to comment.

Click here to get an account it's free and quick

Deals, Offers and Events