The Deadwood Historic Preservation Commission awarded 12 grants worth a total of $125,000 in the first round of 2013 funding for its Outside-of-Deadwood program.
The organizations that received grants were:
- Our Savior's Lutheran Church in Menno received $25,000 for roof repairs.
- The Lead Rifle and Pistol Club received $24,000 to renovate an indoor shooting range inside the Homestake Opera House.
- The Keystone Area Historical Society received $15,000 for interior renovations of Keystone Museum.
- Historic Rapid City received $10,000 for the restoration of the McGillycuddy House.
- Sioux Falls State Theatre Company received $9,000 for restoration of art work.
- Black Hills Mining Museum received $8,500 for archival development.
- Frawley Ranches, Inc., received $7,500 for work on the barn floor of the Anderson Milking Building.
- The Newell Museum received $7,000 for phase III of the Bushnell Building restoration project.
- The Society of Black Hills Pioneers received $7,000 for work to secure the Crook City Schoolhouse.
- South Dakota Railroad Museum received $4,500 for the creation of permanent exhibits.
- The Pyle House museum by the Dakotaland/Pyle House/Centennial Stone Church received $4,000.
- The city of Mobridge received for $3,000 for the Oscar Howe murals assessment and documentation.