As featured on
As the Olympics grew up on TV, the Soviet Union -- in the midst of the Cold War -- provided U.S. broadcasters with a ready-made villain. The way the country tipped the scales in favor of its athletes in events like figure skating and gymnastics produced jokes about "Soviet judges" that translated well beyond the Games, even into movies like "Rocky IV."
- Trump order would ban most transgender troops from serving, setting stage for court battle
- Tears, silence and anger: Hundreds of thousands march worldwide to demand action on guns
- Guest lineups for the Sunday news shows
- Packed crowds, loud noises: Parkland students confront emotional stress of march
- Michael Mayo: A movement or a moment? Marchers in DC say kids’ voices bring tipping point
We’re writing to thank you for your [NEWSPAPER NAME] subscription, and to share some tips and handy links that you can use to take advantage of the exciting new full-access program.