PIERRE | The South Dakota Fire Marshal's Office says a fire that destroyed a home in an east Pierre neighborhood was accidental.
A report from the office says the Friday night fire was likely caused by smoking material.
KCCR radio reports that there were no injuries as the couple and four children were not home at the time.
Crews fought to keep the fire from spreading to nearby homes, and embers also started small grassfires behind the house. Those were quickly extinguished.
A neighbor is collecting clothes and household items to help the family.