- If the grooming area is open to spectators, visit it and talk with professional groomers to get tips on keeping your dog looking his best.
- However tempting, do not pet a dog without asking for permission first. The dog may have just been groomed in preparation for being judged.
- Wear comfortable shoes; you’ll be doing a lot of walking.
- If you are considering getting a purebred dog, talk to the breeders and exhibitors; they are experts in their breeds
- If you bring a baby stroller to a dog show, be careful that you
do not run over any dog’s tail, and that your child does not grab
or poke the dogs it can reach. Avoid having them near ring
entrances, which are especially crowded. Some shows prohibit baby