Details for BLACK HILLS MEDIATION & LAW - Ad from 2020-01-12

Question: If I have custody, can I move my children out of the State of South Dakota? Answer: South Dakota Law requires notice to the other parent. This is not a simple maneuver as the often best living arrangement is to have access to both parents as a child develops and matures. Does the move serve the children’s best interest? In South Dakota, the custodial parent has the right to change residence unless removal would prejudice the child’s rights or welfare. SDCL 25-5-13. If you are contemplating a relocation seek specific advice from a lawyer. Lorie D. Melone 1107 Mt. Rushmore Road, Suite #3A Rapid City, SD 57701 Phone: 605-791-4950 Lorie D. Melone • Family Law Attorney & Certified Mediator