{{featured_button_text}}

A Saturday fire that started on an apartment unit's balcony was stopped almost completely before it entered the unit, thanks to a sprinkler that activated in a bedroom.

According to a press release from the Rapid City Fire Department, at 12:34 p.m. Saturday, firefighters went to the Homestead Garden Apartments at 4831 Homestead St.

Everything on the balcony was damaged, the release said, the windows between the balcony and bedroom were broken, and the window blinds were melted.

You have free articles remaining.

Become a Member

But the sprinkler in the bedroom doused the fire before it could cause more damage, and there were no injuries. The fire damage was estimated at $25,000.

No cause had been determined as of late Monday afternoon.

Subscribe to Daily Headlines

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.
You must be logged in to react.
Click any reaction to login.
0
0
0
0
0