You have permission to edit this article.
Steelheads drop Rush in shootout

Steelheads drop Rush in shootout

  • Updated

The Rapid City Rush went into Friday's matchup with Idaho looking get back on track after a tough loss in Utah on Wednesday.

Unfortunately, Friday night's matchup wasn't any different as the Steelheads earned a 3-2 shootout win over Rapid City at the CenturyLink Arena in Boise, Idaho. 

The Rush opened the scoring when Tyler Coulter lit the lamp on assists from Stephane Legault and Keeghan Howdeshell at the 4:01 mark of the first period.

A little over 40 seconds later, Rapid City’s Cedric Montminy extended the Rush lead to 2-0 on assists from Peter Quenneville and Ryker Killins.

The Steelheads closed out the first period with a goal of their own when Brett Supinksi found the back of the net on an assist from A.J. White in the 19th minute.

With the Rush leading 2-1 in the second, Idaho tied the game when Supinksi scored his second goal of the game in the eighth minute.

From there, neither team was able to do much on the offensive end as the game went into OT with the score tied at two goals apiece.

The overtime period saw much of the same, despite the Steelheads outshooting the Rush 6-2.

Supinski scored the only goal in the shootout to put the game away for Idaho.

The Steelheads outshot the Rush 47-30 in the game, including a 19-7 advantage in the third and overtime periods.

Rapid City (27-21-5-1) will close out the weekend when it takes on Idaho tonight at 7:05 p.m.

You must be logged in to react.
Click any reaction to login.

Be the first to know

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Related to this story

Most Popular

  • Updated

Can't make this year's rally? Feel like you're there with these live webcams, shared with us courtesy of the City Of Sturgis Rally and Events Department.

Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.


News Alert

Breaking News