Storms, a large gold nugget, the Sturgis motorcycle rally and .708 blood alcohol reading are among the Journal's online content that peaked readers' interest the most in 2010.
A photo gallery on Black Hills thunderstorms holds the No. 1 spot with 104,173 page views. It is full of reader submitted photos of the early August storm that dropped so much hail throughout the area it looked like snow.
The No. 2 story came in at less than half that many page views. The death of the last Lakota code talker, Clarence Wolf Guts, holds the position with 45,680 page views.
A Sturgis woman's .708 blood alcohol level toppled state records and nestled into the No. 4 spot of the Journal's most read stories of the year.
You have free articles remaining.
Four of the top 10 are articles and the other six slot holders are photo galleries.
The following online content garnered the most page views of 2010:
- Black Hills Thunderstorms (Aug. 3)
- Last Lakota code talker Clarence Wolf Guts dies at 86
- Photos of the week (Aug. 1-7)
- Woman's blood alcohol content topples state record
- Prospectors find largest gold nugget in 120 years
- Photos of the week (Aug. 8-14 )
- Chilling aerial photos of 9/11 attack released
- Axl Rose leaves crowd hanging before Sturgis appearance
- Dupree Tornado Damage
- Sturgis motorcycle rally, Monday, August 9