Cristiano Ronaldo is out of quarantine after testing negative for coronavirus.
The soccer star first tested positive for the virus earlier this month but he has now been able to leave isolation after securing a negative test, his football club Juventus have announced.
A club spokesperson said in a statement: "Cristiano Ronaldo carried out a check with a diagnostic test (swab) for Covid 19. The exam provided a negative result. The player has, therefore, recovered after 19 days and is no longer subjected to home isolation."
This will no doubt be great news for Cristiano's team as they are set to play against soccer star Lionel Messi and Barcelona on Wednesday (04.11.20).
Back on October 13, it was confirmed Cristiano had tested positive for coronavirus.
Portugal's Football Federation said: "Cristiano Ronaldo was released from the work of the National Team after a positive test for COVID-19, so he will not face Sweden. The Portuguese international is doing well, without symptoms, and in isolation."
As a precaution, all of the other players had coronavirus tests but all came back negative.
The statement continued: "Following the positive case, the remaining players underwent new tests this Tuesday morning, all with a negative result, and are available to Fernando Santos for training this afternoon, in the City of Football. The game, counting for the qualification phase of the League of Nations, is scheduled for Wednesday, at 19:45, in Alvalade."
Before then, Ronaldo last played football when Portugal took on France in the French capital of Paris on October 11, whilst he also played when Portugal took on Spain in Lisbon on October 8.
This article originally ran on celebretainment.com.
Concerned about COVID-19?
Sign up now to get the most recent coronavirus headlines and other important local and national news sent to your email inbox daily.